Tuesday, March 24, 2009

// // 3 comments

Boeshield T-9: First Impression

images

For the past few months I’ve been using White Lightning’s Clean Ride to lube my chain and it has served me well. It wasn’t until about a few months ago that I heard about Boeshield T-9 for the first time. My friend and fellow rider, Luis, uses it and swears by it. So, I decided to give it a try. I called around to a few places and found a West Marine store that carried it. The only problem was that the store closes at about the same time I get out of work and I always seem to forget about it on the weekends. Fortunately for me Crowder Brother’s Ace Hardware in Bradenton also carries it. I was there last weekend picking up a few odds and ends for the house when I stumbled upon it. So, I bought a can.

 

085318 Last night I removed my chain, degreased it to rid it of the White Lightening lube and all the crap that it had attracted, re-installed it, and applied the Boeshield T-9. I had heard rumors that it needs to set overnight to get the full benefits. So, I left the bike alone until this morning. I rode a 12 mile route in to work this morning and the lube seems to be working quite well. With the Clean Ride lube the chain would start to get a bit noisy around 10 miles but with the T-9 it was quiet sailing the entire 12 miles. The real test will be the ride home. I’m curious to see what another 12 miles and 80+ temperatures will do. I’ll follow up after a few weeks with a final review.

 

What do Y’all use and how often do you apply it?

3 comments:

  1. i use white lightning epic. Rolled 115 miles this past weekend not a squeak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the main difference between clean ride and epic?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO, EFf If I know...LOL...I just use what I have used for ten plus years...

    ReplyDelete