Friday, October 31, 2008

// // Leave a Comment

Night Rides

I had the opportunity to join in on one of the SWAMP night rides last night (30-Oct-08). It’s been well over 6 ½ years since my last night ride in Washington. I had forgotten how much fun they are. Things were a bit different up there though. I had the added excitement of snow during the winter months. Not only was I unaware of obstacles until they right in front of me, I was also slightly out of control thanks to the snow. My night riding experience isn’t just limited to off-road trials though. I used to commute by bike a lot. My trip from home to school and from work to home was typically in the dark.

I used a  handle bar mounted Cygolite (Not sure of the model though). It wasn’t the best light out there but it got the job done. Unfortunately the light was sold with the bike when I moved down here. Paragonman was nice enough to lend me his Niterider Enduro for last night’s ride. It was my first experience with a helmet mounted light. I liked it! I’m thinking of picking one of up at jensonusa.com on close out.

A few details about the ride:

  • Pace: 10-11 mph
  • Distance: ~16 Miles
  • Time: ~2 hrs

0 comments:

Post a Comment