Thursday, April 30, 2009

// // 3 comments

Life & Laziness

couch-potato-cat Life & Laziness – These are the two most destructive forces in my quest to become an endurance athlete. I haven’t been on my bike in over two weeks and it’s been even longer since my last run. We’ve had a lot of family visitors over the past couple months which seems to drain all motivation from me. I seem to eat a lot of ridiculously unhealthy restaurant food and drink an absurd amount of alcohol while they’re here. This results in entire days being used as hangover recovery days. Then, on the days that I'm not hung over I have no desire to do anything at all, including riding.

One of my goals at the beginning of the year was to get my first off road hundie in. I was planning on completing it at the Hammerhead 100. Now, I’ll be lucky to finish the 50 option. I need to gain my motivation back and start hitting the trails again. Also, my marathon training starts this Sunday and I can’t afford to slack on that.

What do y’all use for motivation to get out there and ride and / or run when you really don’t feel like it?

3 comments:

  1. hey dude... i have to admit, the nutrition stuff bores me to tears... but i really like the style of your blog. is that like a paid for blog or how do you get it to look like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brian,

    I know, most of my content is really, really boring. I'm just not a very creative writer. So until I find more interesting things to blog about, you're stuck with it.

    The blog is just a template that I found, modified, and uploaded. I made the header image using a photo editing software. This is kind of a hobby of mine. If you're interested, I can send you the base template and you can take it from there. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousMay 06, 2009

    Two words I'm very familiar with. All I know is the longer you're away from exercise, the harder it is to go back. Once you get back in the groove it becomes addicting. You'll get over the hump and start having successes - maybe level of fitness, maybe performance and race results or maybe you'll ride something you hadn't been able to before. Things like that will keep you coming back for more. You'll wonder why it took so long to get back in the game! Keep fighting the good fight!

    ReplyDelete