Thursday, January 21, 2010

// // Leave a Comment

WTB All Terrainasaurus Tire Review



WTB markets their All Terrainasaurus tires as a hardpack and pavement tires. I have been using them on my commuter bike for the past couple months and am not impressed. I ride mostly paved roads with a few rough spots here and there. The tires roll nice and have decent traction, but when it comes to durability, they fell short of my expectations. These tires came stock with my commuter bike, so I decided to use them up before purchasing some new, more puncture resistant tires. I fully expected them last far beyond 550 miles and provide much better puncture protection than they did.


Pros:
  • Great grip on pavement (as long as the tread pattern lasts)
  • Relatively low rolling resistance
Cons:
  • Poor wear characteristics
  • Very poor puncture resistance
  • Picks up and throws a lot of debris
I don't know if WTB has redesigned these tires recently (for the worse) or if I just got a "lemon" as I've seen some reviews from people that were able to get up to 4 years of use before showing signs of wear. I don't think I'll test my luck with another one though. I'm going for a pair of Bontrager H2 Hardcase tires. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment