Wednesday, January 27, 2010

// // 2 comments

No Music For This Commuter


Shortly after I started commuting to work again I thought I'd try getting my daily fix of music by carrying my iPod and wearing an earbud in my right ear. I figured this would let me enjoy my music yet still allow me to hear all the audio cues that are so important to bicycle commuters. Last week, after seeing a man hit by a U-Haul, I decided to go without the iPod and earbud.

I was initially worried that my ride would seem long and boring, but to my surprise it was not. Not only was it as enjoyable, but it was more relaxing. I found that when I wore my earbud I would pay more attention to the music than the audio cues. Any bike commuter will tell you that this could be a deadly mistake. Luckily I caught myself before any accidents.

Post up and let me know if you wear headphones or not while commuting or city trekking.

2 comments:

  1. you can buy speakers and have the best of both worlds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! I'm glad to hear you're not riding with the iPod anymore!

    ReplyDelete