Wednesday, April 8, 2009

// // 3 comments

PowerBar Gel: First Impressions

PowerBar_Gel1
The first of the energy gels I'll be reviewing are the PowerBar Gels. I’ve had a couple opportunities to use them and my initial impression is very good. I’ve done several rides using only these gels and haven’t had any issues. PowerBar Gels can be purchased in 7 different flavors. and although I’ve only had the Strawberry Banana and the Vanilla I’m very impressed with the taste. They are in more of a liquid form than the Gu Energy Gels and Hammer Gels which seems to help them go down much quicker and easier. I’ll give the final word on these after the Hammerhead 100.

3 comments:

  1. Are you going to race the Full Monty?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those gels are terrible tasting, I can't even bring myself to swallow them! I have been having good success with the shot block electrolyte drink mix, I just wish I could find the one that has caffeine in it. Since switching to that stuff I am able to maintain my run pace after swimming without feeling so weak.

    I bought it at fleet feet on Osprey.

    http://www.clifbar.com/food/products_shot_electrolyte/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karlos,

    I'm still not sure if I'm going to try the 100 or just the 50. I know it was a goal of mine to get my first 100 miler at Hammerhead but I'm not sure I'm ready yet. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete