Wednesday, May 6, 2009

// // Leave a Comment

Marathon Training in Progress

Yesterday was my first of many marathon training runs. Starting with yesterdays 3 mile walk/run routine my training program has me scheduled for 4 runs per week for the next 7 months, all the while preparing me to run a total 39.3 miles in two days. My ultimate goal is to someday complete an ultra marathon of 50 miles or more.

 

Yesterdays run was a very easy 3 mile walk/run routine. I’ll be using this method for the first couple weeks to prepare my legs for running the mileage required for a marathon training program, to give me a base to work from. I learned a valuable lesson in not training for my last marathon. I learned that although I have the lungs and heart to run a marathon the rest of my body couldn’t handle the physical abuse that comes with running 26.2 miles, specifically my knees. This is the reason I have decided to not only do a regimented marathon training schedule but also a mileage buildup program. I’m hoping these base miles will be help keep me injury free for the next 7 months.

 

untitled

0 comments:

Post a Comment