Wednesday, December 10, 2008

// // 4 comments

Almost there

It's now officially been over 3 weeks since I lost my bike due to frame failure. I've posted several times about frustrations and concerns that I've had regarding the new G2 geometry being used with a standard 38mm offset fork as well as the headset oversight. You'll notice that I've removed those posts and I'll explain why later.

I've spoken at great lengths with Paul from Ryder Bikes as well as a few people from Trek Bicycle Corporation about my frustrations and concerns. I made my argument and Trek made their argument, but I believe it was Paul's feedback that ultimately helped us come to an agreement. After all was said and done I was very impressed with how both Ryder Bikes and Trek handled the situation. I may not be very happy about the length of time I've been unable to ride but I'm very happy knowing that my LBS and OEM have my back.

Taking into consideration the manner in which this situation was ultimately handled I decided to remove the posts in which I stated my concerns and frustrations. I am a Fisher fan through and through and they definitely took care of me. Heck, I'm a riding billboard for them. Look at my tattoos. The first one is obviously the Gary Fisher logo. The second is tire tread from a Bontrager Jones XR 29er tire. The third is the "Man's Best Friend" guy that comes on a sticker located under the front derailleur of their bikes.



4 comments:

  1. So what was there final say about the shock?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trek and Ryder Bikes took care of me so I don't have to go broke in order to get it. So yes, I'll be getting the new FOX G2 fork! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome dude, it's nice to see that both Ryder Bikes and the people at Trek give a hoot about customer service / satisfaction.

    I hope you're up and running soon... the NI ride is just a few weeks away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will have to let me know how the fork performs. It is one I am looking to get. I am also looking at the White Brother Magic 29 110. They can put a beefier crown on it to maintain my weight.

    ReplyDelete