Wednesday, January 21, 2009

// // 2 comments

A Few New Goals

I am going to start keeping a list of my goals, short term & long term, as well as my achievements. Two of my goals for 2009 have already been meet, finishing a marathon and completing my first 50 mile ride. I met my riding goal on Jan 3rd 2009 during the Naked Indian Ride with a total of 56.3 miles. My first marathon was completed one week later, on Jan 11th 2009 with a time of 6:10:15. Although the marathon was somewhat unsuccessful it has left me with an unusual sense of motivation. I am going to layout a few new, more ambitious short term goals for 2009 & 2010 as well as a few longer term goals for the years to come. The new goals will all be endurance related.

Shorter term goals
  • Complete my first off road mtb century.
  • Participate in Fools Gold.
  • Complete a solo 12 hr mtb race.
  • Finish a half marathon in under 2 hrs.
  • Run an entire Marathon.
  • Complete Disney's Goofy Run and a Half Challenge.
  • Complete in my first Triathlon.
Longer term goals
  • Complete an ultra marathon.
  • Complete an Iron Man.
  • Complete a solo 24 hr mtb race.
I know I will have my skeptics but I'm going to shoot for them anyways. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Ryan! You're taking endurance to a whole new level. Ultra Marathon? I don't even like driving that far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The long term goals are more of a dream right now.

    ReplyDelete