Sunday, January 4, 2009

// // 1 comment

Destroyed in 2 weeks

I got my new Fisher Paragon frame on Friday December 12th 2008. I was so excited to get my bike back after almost 4 weeks that, after throwing on my new Time pedals, I drove straight out to Boyette for a test ride. It rode beautifully. The pairing of the new geometry with the custom FOX fork seemed to enhance just about every aspect of the ride. I immediately fell in love.

The euphoria was short lived. The new frame started showing signs of a crack in just over week. The crack was even in the same place as the old frame, at the top tube and seat tube. I kept my spirits high and my hopes up though. I tried telling myself "maybe it's just the paint cracking from the frame flexing". I was forced to throw that theory out the window after a few more short rides. It seemed to open up a little more every time I got on the bike. 

I'm officially considering the frame "destroyed" after my last ride, the NK. I'll be posting all the details from that ride shortly. The crack now encompasses more than half the circumfrence of the seat tube. See the images below to see the progression.




I'll keep y'all updated as the information becomes available.

1 comment:

  1. Tread,
    Sorry about your problems with Gary Fisher. also sorry to say this but I will probably not buy a GF either. I hope you come to a bike that will last for you. See you on the dirt soon.

    ReplyDelete