Tuesday, June 16, 2009

// // 1 comment

55nine Performance & Wobble Naught

-- UPDATE --
It is with the deepest sadness that I am writting to inform you of the cancelation of my Wobble Naught fitting. I thought I'd have the funds but things aren't looking so good on the financial front. I'll have to hold off for while. Please join me in my mourning process.

newheader3

A couple weeks ago I had decided to sell my Superfly and order a custom frame. The reason behind this was simple, I wanted a frame that fit me better than the Superfly. The Superfly is an amazing frame with the G2 geometry and the custom offset Fox fork. I simply felt that it was a bit small for me, specifically the stand over height and toptube length. Even though the frame is an XL it doesn't fit me too well due to my abnormaly long wingspan and very long legs.

After some careful considerations, like the fact that I'd be without a bike for 6 to 9 months, and a few discussions with Eddie O'dea from 55nine Performance I decided to hang on to the Superfly and get a Wobble Naugt Fitting. I'm confident that Eddie can adjust the bike to properly fit me despite my previous concerns regarding the size of the frame and my abnormal wingspan and leg length.


The fitting is schedueled for July 9th. This, of course, is durring our annual 4th of July Georgia vacation so I should be able to get some good miles in right after the fitting.

1 comment:

  1. I hear that, I am at 8 months and still not sure Im going to get my bike in time for this summer.

    ReplyDelete