Monday, December 22, 2008

// // Leave a Comment

The 2009 Walt Disney World Marathon

I'm officially signed up for the Walt Disney World Marathon. The race is being held on Jan 11th, 2009 at Walt Disney World, Florida. My training for the 26.2 mile run started few months ago but was unfortunatley cut short due to a minor bike accident. I have been undecided as to my participation since the accident. I've been thinking a lot about it lately and I've decided to give it a shot. It's sure to be the most physically challenging thing I've ever done but it's one of those things I've always wanted to do.

It's not just the lack of training that will be working against me though. I'm planning on participating in a 50 mile endurance mountain bike ride (The WT 50) on Jan 10th, the day before the marathon. Not only will I be short on my training but I'll be starting the race fresh out of an exhausting endurance ride. I've decided that I'll probably end up running only half (13.1 miles) of it and walking the rest. I know I could run a half marathon right now. I'ts the whole marathon that scares me. By reducing the number of running miles I've made my goal seem more attainable.

Wish me luck!!!

Click here to see the course map.

This event has now been added this to my event schedule. Stay tuned for results.

0 comments:

Post a Comment