Tuesday, February 24, 2009

// // 1 comment

AJ’s Bikes And Boards, Do We Even Need The Internet?

Most of my bike related purchases are done via the internet. You can do all your shopping right in your living room and you’re bound to find exactly what you need. I will on occasion stop by one of the local bikes shops to see if they have what I’m looking for but most of the time I leave empty handed. I have two local stores that I frequent quite often. Ryder Bikes, who has been instrumental in getting me setup and ready to ride, and Ringling Bicycles. These are both great bike shops but they seem to be more focused on road and tri bikes than mountain bikes.

ajs_logo The other night I took a field trip up to Valrico, Fl to visit a seemingly popular mountain bike shop called AJ’s Bikes And Boards. Upon initially entering the building I though it looked very small and cramped inside. I wondered how they could possibly have enough product to keep an entire mountain biking community satisfied. I soon realized just how much product they really had.

With products thoughtfully placed in just about every nook and cranny I spent a good hour just browsing. Each time I’d revisit an area I’d find something I had previously missed. They really did seem to have everything. It was like I was virtually browsing an online store. Seriously, with a store like AJ’s Bikes and Boards who needs the internet?


View Larger Map

1 comment:

  1. glad you like the place.. hopefully you didn't leave empty handed. I usually don't have enough free hands to carry the stuff I walked out of there with. But is usually a free cup of coffee or whatever they guys are munching on (pizza, nachos, etc...) . Is like going to hang out with friends there. Yes you do pay more then online but is about how they treat you when you need a lbs to back you up.

    ReplyDelete