Tuesday, September 30, 2008

// // Leave a Comment

Bout Time!

I finally had a chance to hit the trails last weekend. I've been unable to ride for the past month due to a cracked ankle and a nasty cold. Sunday morning Curt and I headed up to Alafia. We warmed up on Sand Pine and then rode Rock Garden, North Creek, and Bridges. The ankle felt good. It was a bit swollen afterwards but that was about it. I was most concerned with the "clipping out" motion as this seems to utilize some muscles and tendons that are still quite sore. I left my pedals pretty loose so I didn't run into any issues. The other issue concerning me was my cardio. I haven't done anything cardio wise in about a month so I was prepared to be completely out of shape. To my surprise I was actually able to maintian a descent pace. I did stop here and there to rest but overall I think my cardio is still fairly descent. Now it's back to the usual schedule of one or two week day rides and one weekend ride. All I need now is a light for the bike as it's starting to get dark earlier.

0 comments:

Post a Comment