Wednesday, September 17, 2008

// // 2 comments

Damn this kankle...

It's been 3 weeks to the day since my little spill at Boyette and I'm going stir crazy. I've only ridden on roads and on shell trails since. I would love more than anything to go tear up some trails at Alafia but I have a feeling I'd screw my self up more than I already have. My kankle seems to swell up like a balloon every time I spend more than 20 minutes on it. I've never broken or cracked a bone before so I don't really know how much I can push it. I'm planning on doing IDIARIDE and Croom 50 early next year. It's going to take a lot of riding to get me in shape for these as I have never really done anything like it before. Theresa and I did the Croom 35 last year and almost died. I realized that if I'm going to do the 50 miler I'm going to have to get a whole lot of riding in before then. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what the doc says. One more week...

2 comments:

  1. You stil have time to train for the fiddies. Don't rush it. Put lots of ice on it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Train" is overated, just do a long (3 hours saddle time or more, taking a break and chatting does not count LOL)fun rides on the weekend and watch your food intake on weekdays and a non-competitive 50 miler will be not hard.

    moriSSon

    ReplyDelete