Thursday, September 25, 2008

// // Leave a Comment

My Riding Goals

Since I've just recently decided that I want to get serious about my riding I figure I should publish a list of goals. Hopefully some of you will help me keep on track. Here is a list of things I would like to accomplish within the next year.

  • Participate in my first SWAMP event - I don't think the riding classes count. I need to go on a group ride and participate in some of the other events. I would love to go to the AFTF but unfortunately we didn't make it in. I'll be sure to make it next year though. 
  • Start riding with more experienced riders - I have been riding with riders that don't challenge me. I need to start riding with people that can challenge me. 
  • Improve my climbing skills - My climbing skills leave a bit to be desired. They have improved in the last couple moths but they still aren't where they need to be. 
  • Improve my carido - This is a big one. If I ride any difficult or intermediate trails I get very winded very easily when I get to the "technical" parts of the trail. I can't let this happen if I decide to take a difficult trail at the Croom 50. Riding cardio seems to be completely different than running cardio for me.
  • Complete IDIDARIDE - I want to complete the entire thing...just not in last place.
  • Complete Croom 50 - I wan to complete all 50 miles without killing myself. Oh yeah...and I don't want to finish in last place.
  • Find more endurance rides / events - I would like to give Dauset a shot next year. Probably only the 6 hour though.
This is just a quick list of things I would like to accomplish with the next year. I'm sure I'll be updating this as I go along. If anyone thinks something is missing please let me know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment