Thursday, September 25, 2008

// // Leave a Comment

Figures...

Just about the time my ankle is getting healed up enough to ride I get hit with a nasty cold. It's pretty much knocked me on my ass. I missed work yesterday and still feel like crap today. I was planning on hitting up Boyette this weekend but I'm not sure I'll be up for it now. If I do go it'll have to be easy going. Not only is this effecting my riding but it's also hit my marathon training pretty hard. I was planning on following a training program that would get me up to speed enough to run the entire thing. My chances of that are pretty slim now. I was able to complete a half marathon earlier this year without any training but 13 miles doesn't even compare to 26. I think I'd kill myself trying it without any training. 

Maybe I'll just forget about the marathon and put running on the back burner for now. I have some riding goals that I'd like to meet this year anyways...well...maybe not this year but within a year. Then again...the running might help me reach some of my riding goals. 

What do y'all think? I'm signed up for the Disney Marathon on Jan, 11th 2009. Should I continue training for it and try to finish it? Or should I just forget about it and concentrate on riding?

0 comments:

Post a Comment